Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hugs aren't Just for Girls..... it's Hug your Guitar Week


Hug Your Guitar, so say some sentimental types,,, hey hug your harmonica, or piano, or bassoon,,, any instrument is better than having an SUV !! For the love of God and Country, don't let me catch you hugging your SUV !

iG:

I just read your article:
http://igblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/05/hug-your-guitar-week/

I arrived here via http://www.guitarflame.com/2008/why-i-love-my-guitar/

Some guitars need hugs... or they will simply cease to exist.


This one has a funny condition, that the guitar repair dude at Mom2Pop Music store said "Hey, I'd like to take your $580!"

To him I said, "It has sentimental value, but not that much!"


So I put some thought into it, and clamps to it, as you might see in the photo. Its made in "Japan" as it is stamped japan, but unfortunately there is no label left, Classic nylon string guitar. Very old now. Used when given to me by best friend's wife, 22 years ago. Jack Pribek has even had a turn with it, picked it up and practiced his scales. Then he pulled out his file to take the frets down, or shave down the nut to his liking... making this primitive guitar sound like Anne Murray.

.
..all the rug rats have used it, drawn on it, and so on. I played it in churches, and at Guitar Preservation classes when two of us taught basics to middle schoolers. Some one used it as a paddle in a flood... [not really]
Then one tuner cracked, so I fashioned a nylon sleeve, that continued to buzz. I discovered replacement tuners for this simple guitar, and was really happy about
that. Then it developed a weird sag, I think someone sat on it... is all I can figure.

So, you see the guitar is a very worthy instrument,
especially this one, deserving lots of love and hugs. I would say a guitar is better even than having a boat.
Hug it you huckster; hug that presidential dreadnaught-----------}


Go on and hug your girls too!
Patrick Darnell
moopigwisdom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

MooPig said...

Bush, Dubya, is playing a G on the third fret... is that a jazz lick? The guy behind looks like a deadly serious roadie.. "Mr Prez you just cooked my goose!!"

and the Prez sang on -- "Myyy Sweet Angel Eyes... I wish I knew a place with a simple band who could play a song I could understand.." in F sharp minor augmented.