Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Updated: GLORIA-oskees -- it was bad so I edited it !!

I would just as soon be a follower- of- Christ- type fool, ...than just a fool.

It's awards time.. time to report the best in class of recent past.

Today we could nominate: Second Chances?

Second chances is a good place to start. Faithful and steadfast means belief in second chance.
{PHOTO: we asked our actor to kick a little sand in the face of the other, but he succumbed to bullying...
Is something irritating you?

Is there sometimes a little ache in the stomach early in the morning having its way with cognitive activity? Did some bully take a cheap shot yesterday?

Long ago, one of my neighbor's visiting father told me, as we parlayed under the Hawthorne tree between our driveways, "I have cranberry juice first thing in the morning to get my bowels started."

To myself, "Whoa, that's a little more than I was ready for!"

The rest of the day he would have a vodka and cranberry juice, I guessed to embalm himself. "I'm a four handicap and play golf at the Glenview Naval Base Golf Course."

Thus, stimulus, and irritation... by my retired lawyer duffer neighbor. But he got his second chance every morning to stimulate his good intentions. He is my kind of opportunist.

Outside sources sometimes close in on me. Some irritations are heaped upon us from unlikely sources. My friend and our esoteric contributor, Compostholestoy, said to me when we met that he came to school in San Antonio from Chicago so he could play golf year round.

Last week, my brother Dave, D2R2, held the phone to his ear while playing out a par four. Both these guys are left-handed. My youngest boy, Pat2, sometimes contributor, too is a lefty. Culture has not always been nice to left-handed people. They all hit right, but write left. They are ambidextrous.

There was a time when left-handedness meant devil-possessed to some murky past cultures. Probably true in non-written-history ancient societies as well; left-handed meant about the same as follower of Wicca.

Today, in America, we know unless you have a lefty batting third in your line up, hopefully a switch hitting 333 hitter, you have no offense.

Society and political fervor do not rule; Truth rules. Second chance for society, second chance for humans, it is part of our collective experiences and mindful acts.

Details of second chance are spelled out almost every week in the world. In my experience, the Holy Spirit communicates a new detail of redemption every time a tidbit of Christ knowledge stimulates my brain... Eh?

Details are as simplistic as can be -- like the order of 1 through 5 civilization: 1-wander, 2-arrive, 3-pitch tents, 4-build altar to God the Father almighty, 5-dig a well. And if I don't get the order correct, I get a second chance. I can go back to consult the Best Information Book Life Entails, and make adjustments.

Details like -- the masculine voice of the Father and His Son: how could Cain have killed Abel if they had been women? Men of earth are a rabble. If men of this wilderness can be turned to God the Father, then salvation is imminent, in the offing. In the mind of the Creator, women are the vessel of men, how can they be also a destroyer of men?

Details -- Christ mixed His spittle with some dirt and rubbed it on the blind man's eyes, who ran to the city. Lifetime blindness, erased with a little dirt, ouch, that is simplified.

Details like -- remembrances in the flesh; Thomas had to touch the wounds, but was left with a pain in his side. Moses had a lisp. Christ was not a handsome man, rather He was common in looks. Why are there bullies in our lives?

Yes, I have reminders in my flesh; don't you too? A thorn here, a thorn there... a ten pound goiter of flesh in an odd place...

What you gonna' do about it? I'm going to ignore them and push on.

To many we are this man, as he appeared on back pages of comic books for my entire life...

And like this patron of second chance, Charles Atlas, he and I cannot heal our own blindness, but we can muddle about until the work is done.

Yeah, maybe it's time to air out the old Speedo, and do some beach work !!!!

FEEDBACK Department --

This article:
___ makes me turn my head and cough
___ is more or less, mostly less
___ I thought our work here was done
___ makes me smile
___ makes me want to stick to it
___ gave me second chance to turn off my computer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was preparing to wrap it up with a smile but decided to tough it out just before I turned off the computer but a hiccup made me hit the button twice and it re-started. So yes, no, maybe, I don't know! But I love the search for good water.

Anonymous said...

if Christ ate the fruit he would be just the same as us. he starved and strifed himself dictionary words are brought about with thees and more so's. If we look behind the basic misconception. Jesus was the same disciple as Buddha and Mohammad. He applied different principles for each society. Nowadays people lose reality of the true intent of religion. Offer faith and hope ful ness. I spilt the split image of a flawed system. Writing is flawed in the sense of containment. Biohazard words on pages say the same thing. REalize the true definition of history past promises. Math an extended ham mockary. Science does not provide comfort to your dying world. Literature is initially flopped. REad Write and Rhythm it Right. Or get Left Behind. Let what happens be and search for the outer limits. Solar your polar cold and heat it up like global warming hit home. The ozone is hairsprayed to death. Take a shower and slick back your lick. This is something that I need to say to make a new slither into the mind and make the forward progressed. Thank You for reading this I hope it was blessed. No more tests unless I can figure them none the less. Stephen Muttly the Funk Dood. Peace one Bob Marley. Hit it up.