Friday, June 27, 2008

Today's QUIZ: Who said this...

"I grew up in Hawaii, and had two wonderful grandparents from Kansas who poured everything they had into helping my mother raise my sister and me – who worked with her to teach us about love and respect and the obligations we have to one another. I screwed up more often than I should’ve, but I got plenty of second chances. And even though we didn’t have a lot of money, scholarships gave me the opportunity to go to some of the best schools in the country. A lot of kids don’t get these chances today. There is no margin for error in their lives. So my own story is different in that way.
Still, I know the toll that being a single parent took on my mother – how she struggled at times to the pay bills; to give us the things that other kids had; to play all the roles that both parents are supposed to play."
Where did this speech take place?

When did he/she say it?

Why did this make history?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

richard capotosto to you - 13 hrs ago

Where - a friars roast for Magnum PI
Who - Don Ho
Why Famous - People finally learned that Don Ho was really the grandson of Polish immigrants to Kansas,
the Hobusinski family.
?????? No??

Well then, I don't know - but if it's B. O. (our next president may have us all holding our noses) I suggest checking out more detail about his mommy's life story
and then consider what it might mean to have a president who really had no parental stability
whatsoever in his life - And he will be leading the American Family into the future.
Cmpsthlsy