Sunday, May 17, 2009

Macronutia and Micronutia

A year and some days ago, as I was traveling along my usual route to a job, God intervened in my life with a Grip of Love and Sternness all at once. The Grip was powerful enough to make it hard to breath and involuntary tears streamed down my face. I continued driving because I wasn't steering anymore, so the car just moved along with traffic and I felt the presence of our God . There was no fear or discomfort, just a squeeze on me...very powerful.

I had been following a news story of a young couple who killed their child. The young man described his act, how he disposed of the body and then fled. It was sensational news playing to an eager audience like so much bad news does. I wondered, why stories like this are sought out by the media and kept on a front-burner by the public. I had a fair amount of outrage and was thinking to myself about the need to hear about the good and godly men who go about the daily job of working, nurturing, instructing and fearing God. Not much on the tube or in the press about them.

I thought of the hundreds of millions of righteous men who don't ever receive a word of praise or thanks outside of their immediate circle. In Jesus' Name they should be counted and named as being faithful and steadfast to God. Believing in Him and following the Covenant given them by Jesus. At the very least, they... we should form a constant coalition of "Faithful and Steadfast to God" men to further God's work on this beautiful orb... He created, along with us and our dominion. As men of God, our duty is to correct the distorted view satan tries to present.

So this blog was started from this moment a year ago. I praise God that it has remained available. I thank God for my blog master brother who can channel God's word righteously. Several dear people, who I only know from this blog, have commented over the year. This is the ninety-ninth post. Meaningless but significant. Our God is an awesome God. He has given us the means to Wisdom, His Word... and Salvation, Jesus Christ. Such gifts to be thankful for and try to live as... The Word says and as Jesus taught us. Be diligent in the rejections of the diversions the adversary lays in our path.

I think of the small amount of words we are able to use in these blogs. The blogs are larger than we can imagine. The world is full of them but they are little, nearly invisible compared to the capability.

" By faith-by believing in God-we know that the world and the stars-in fact, all things-were made at God's command; and that they were made from things that can't be seen."

Faith in God is our guide to life. We use His given talents in the life to gain Wisdom. In our quest for Wisdom, we must not pursue, but must give it over to Him to guide us... through the redemption Jesus granted us, to what true life is.

Will that turn out to be anything we can imagine? I feel God's presence as a cloak around my shoulders with the devil's windy and deceitful ways pushing it up and off, still secured across my back, God can calm the devilish winds. We as faithful, steadfast and loving men should be wary and alert for these gusts trying to knock us off the narrow path, making us miss the gate. Only a small, immeasurable time dealing with the adversary is needed to awaken our flesh and we stray from our Guide. To pray and meditate back to God is both rewarding and exhilarating. I am in constant awe of the prospect of being in the presence of The Lord.

It's a macronutial feeling that makes me strive to get the micronutial ones, in the mean time.

4 comments:

MooPig said...

Sela

MooPig said...

and happy anniversary !!! Yo.

Christina G. said...

Yes, Happy Anniversary...!

Nice post...done with deep feeling.

It is so true, the scope of our blogs. People across the country and across the ocean ask me about my God. How can that not be humbling yet magnificent?

MooPig said...

I am way too proud of Dave's journey... probably too close to it, a little bit over zealous, and well down right prejudiced. But so what?

Let me just say one more time for good measure: God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, and Jesus Christ His Son "answers all prayer."

Thank you very much.