Saturday, January 24, 2009

Letter to my Friend upon his Father's Illness

John Michael Talbot




REFER to: At the Hospital -- Dad UPdate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpHNJaikup0

Dear Dr J:
This is something I want to share with you and your family; and of course it is made possible only through our wonderful and at same time dubious youTube social networks.

I attended a John Michael Talbot concert in Evanston, oh, 28 years ago. The place was a converted Armour mansion, in a large ante-room. His audiences were much smaller back then, but his music no less demanding.

This morning; I am reminded of JM Talbot because you mention 1Cor 11-13… which are the most life changing verses in New Testament living.

Once I realized the true definition of Love; there are in the end three things that last — there is faith, there is hope and charity. From this standpoint the greatest gift of all is Charity, our highest love. And God is Love. In this truth only then was I released from my obsessions and various adolescent behaviors… go figure. You, probably saying: “…but, you still act like an adolescent… PD… ” (/`-} aaargggh, Mateys!

John Michael Talbot is a purist, or apologist, Franciscan, and gives the same introductionback then before concerts that you hear published in these youTubes. In all respects he is amazingly consistent, except his audiences are much larger. Good all around… gives that old spirit a lift…

Not found here, though recorded in his tapes\albums include 1Corinthians 13: “Love is patient, love is kind…” I would sing it for you if I were there. Again you probably saying,”Thank the lord for small miracles…”

It is I who says thank you for sharing. You and your family’s bravery is making us all brave too.
I just wish when I will be old, to be healthy because you can never tell how things are going. I guess your father is lucky [and blessed] to have you around. (Ovid)

Love and hugs from the Darnell’s,
PD and Clan

ps. Dr J -- if you are visiting here, I want you to know I have cousins, and a brother who need very much what you have provided in your recent postings.

No comments: