Friday, January 9, 2009

Apocalypse and the End Times

Maybe what we Leave Behind is Life
by Pat Darnell


Life is what we Humans do between literal fulfillment's of Prophesy. Huh?
Yes, as found in Torah and New Testament Bibles writings of the Hebrews' trials and tribulations are fabulous prophesy's described in great detail.


I am sticking my neck out; I confess most of my life has been
spent thinking I am too smart for all those silly stories.

They must be symbolic, I had thought. Because, a big question has been nagging me, skirmishing in my mind from my very first encounter with Bible Prophesy. What was my first? That's easy -- "'Christ is Born...' while later that year 'Christ is Risen.'"

In all its Books: do these things happen literally, or metaphorically, or
is it all symbolic?

You may have heard something about Magog, a pure Red Bull, restoring the Hebrew Language in Israel, growing vegetables and fruits in the desert.

Also, something else about a million troops army marching on Israel, but not before Hebrew speaking people have accomplished rebuilding the Temple.
As
might those futurist ideas mysteriously entered your consciousness; they get my ear and linger there; yours too?

Big question leads to big answer, eh? Go figure. Yes, go figure, because it is written in the Word of both old and new
Testaments, in great detail. Prophesy fulfillment is impossible to miss while reading your Bible.

Thief in the Night, is a movie presented on God TV, GTV,dealing with our questions.
"We are certainly living in the most exciting era of world history, as we earnestly await the Return of Our Lord Jesus. Over the past year however, the Lord has laid on our hearts a tremendous sobriety concerning the End-Times and we believe that it is so important to the Lord that His people were prepared in their spirits for the shaking that lies ahead and that they are not ignorant of satan’s devices. That is why we at GOD TV are sounding the alarm this month, as we bring you an extensive line-up of End-Time programming. Much of it is sobering – eye opening, but we feel it so important that all of us begin to understand the times and seasons that are upon us and that we accomplish our part in the great End-Time harvest the Father wants to bring upon the earth before the return of His beloved Son. [Rory and Wendy; 2008. Message from; HERE ]

"..We [Rory and Wendy] will personally be hosting a brand new End-Time program ‘Apocalypse and the End-Times’. We’ve had a hectic November in Washington DC after Missions Week, filming and interviewing guests such as Grant Jeffrey, Chuck Missler, Paul McGuire, Mike Evans and many more fascinating guests who specialize in eschatology, so be sure to stay tuned to GOD TV!"

You may have seen my ongoing Parody's of Life and Society at MooPig Wisdom and other places on the internet. Generally I am a hard case to get past in here. I don't go away; like old tires I'm hard to bury, even worse to burn.

I have learned through styles and method of writing just how important prophesy fulfillment is to our understanding things in the material world. Many wise people claim today in January 2009, that a full 80% of Biblical prophesy has been fulfilled literally. Now even a twisted mind has to sit up and notice when accuracies are that incredible. Read on brothers and sisters, read on; and live on free, free, free; and write, write, write.. and believe me, you will smile when you realize it is all true.
(Patrick)

10 comments:

Pribek said...

People always make the mistake of thinking that their weather is THE WEATHER. By the same token, every generation assumes that they are on the precipice of end times.
You are like a tire. Old tires don't go away. Atoms are mass and energy at the same time. You can't destroy energy.
Do you own life? Is it a possession, a trinket like a plasma screen? Or are you life? How can you lose what you don't have?
That's along the lines of how I see it today my brother in arms.
Peace

MooPig said...

Sorry, I misplaced your comment here in my non-existent filing cabinets. You have once again put the topic in proper perspective.

I have more oftener than not thought I am a life; agreeing with as you say "or, are you life?"

Each fulfillment of a serious time of life, or answer to a lingering question has provided me all the rewards I have ever needed.

Thanks for hanging in there with me; it means everything.

Anonymous said...

CHUCK MISSLER - COPYIST !

Many these days are abandoning the pretribulation rapture view, and the June, 1995 article by Chuck Missler (”Byzantine Text Discovery: Ephraem the Syrian”) reveals why there is such a mutiny! First of all, the authoritative scholar that Missler cited, Dr. Paul Alexander, referred only to “Pseudo-Ephraem” and not to Ephraem the Syrian. (If an unsigned ancient manuscript resembles the real Ephraem but there is a question of authorship, they assign it to “Pseudo-Ephraem” - the word “pseudo” meaning “possibly.” For some groundless reason, Grant Jeffrey, the one who reportedly found the “discovery,” changed Dr. Alexander’s terminology! For more info on Jeffrey, Google “Wily Jeffrey.”) And Missler’s scholarship is also questionable. According to the Los Angeles Times (July 30, 1992), about one-fourth of Missler’s 1992 book “The Magog Factor” (which he co-authored with Hal Lindsey) was a daring plagiarism of Dr. Edwin Yamauchi’s 1982 book “Foes from the Northern Frontier”! Four months later Yamauchi’s publisher revealed that both Lindsey and Missler had promised to stop all publishing of their book. But in 1995 they were found publishing “The Magog Invasion” (which was either a revision or a replacement of “The Magog Factor”) - which had a substantial amount of the same plagiarism! (Dave MacPherson’s 1998 book “The Three R’s” has complete documentation on this and other pretrib scandals.) After listing “1820″ as the reported date of the birth of pretrib (he should have said “1830″), Missler sees a pretrib rapture in that Medieval writer’s phrase “taken to the Lord” and, since he evidently favors rewriting others instead of researching, is unaware that Dr. Alexander explained that this phrase really means “participate at least in some measure in beatitude” - which has reference only to doing acts of virtue on earth and not being raptured away from earth! Alexander added that the same ancient writer held to only one final second coming (and not to any prior coming) which would follow the time of Antichrist! (Readers can Google “Deceiving and Being Deceived” by MacPherson to see how groundless the Pseudo-Ephraem claim is and to learn how desperate pretribs are to find any pre-1830 evidence for their escapist view. Dr. Robert Gundry of Westmont College has also demolished the Pseudo-Ephraem claim in his 1997 book “First the Antichrist.”) Since Missler also leans on Thomas Ice, readers can evaluate Ice’s qualifications by Googling “America’s Pretrib Rapture Traffickers,” “Thomas Ice (Bloopers),” “Thomas Ice (Hired Gun),” and “Pretrib Rapture Diehards” (the latter part). For further light on the 179-year-old, fringe-British-invented pretribulation theory, Google or Yahoo “Pretrib Rapture - Hidden Facts.” Finally - why would anyone who has the brains of a rocket scientist want to be taken up with the concept of an any-moment pretrib rapture? The answer may well be that there’s more money in elevating a rapture than launching a rocket!

MooPig said...

Anonymous: thanks for getting this message out. I know you worked it out with many parallels as I see in your stream.

That is no small task. It will take a few hours to get through all the info you have presented... but I look forward to doing that. I'll get back to you.

Christina G. said...

I worked at a Bible bookstore for 4 years, way back, and so I was exposed to every view of 'rapture' that there ever was....and every view of 'rapture' that there ever was, was supported by Scripture.

???

I stopped reading 'em.

MooPig said...

Hi Christina:
I think the assumption is that there is actually a THEY out there. The much maligned THEY are not supported by scripture. And that has led to THEY becoming the scapegoats.

I tried reading Revelations when I was about twelve, in the King James. I could not understand a word. Then I read it again when I was twenty and understood some. Besides by then we had the Living paraphrased Bible/// and so on.

I reread over the years many times for many reasons... enough in other words to judge the "rapture theory of the moment" in terms of "that version must have been written by a twenty-year old... etc..

Thanks for sharing that tid-bit, C,
PatD

Christina G. said...

I have never been able to focus for too long on end-times writings, books,etc.; I am impressed that you can...
At one point years back they seemed to me to proliferate all over the place. It seemed like a trend, or even almost cultish, in a 'pop' way.
I know that Revelation promises blessing to the one who reads it. Other than that, I never felt led by the Lord to invest my reading time & energy in that area. Again, impressed...!

With current events being what they are, esp. w/Israeli crises heating up & nuclear Iran, it seems like, how could Christ NOT be coming back any day now? Everyone seems to sense, believe, and/or preach that. But I never seem to get that sense. Never have. I have wondered, am I just dense? Or for some reason only He knows, the Lord is just not letting me sense that...

I stay busy trying to hang tight with Jesus, here, now, & I figure, the rest is up to Him.

Christina G. said...

http://thelifeofthomascslater.blogspot.com/2008/12/ladybug-just-stopping-by.html

Also...earlier you mentioned somthing about a Red Bull. Check out link above..,.I found this really interesting info...unexpected!

MooPig said...

Dear Anonymous:
I see the argument you present clearly; it is a serious plagiarism of colossal scale.

Much of the mutiny mentioned above, about pre-tribulation has the assumption that man is separated from God.

That, in many venues is the definition of Sin.... sans God in your life.

We who say "we have God in our lives" are aware of bigger pictures oftener due to obtaining knowledge not on the will of humankind, rather from the Living God.

Hal Lindsay is a remarkable writer. He allows us to feed on his extraordinary visions in the most pleasing ways. In the words of Bill Graham: "The Bible Says..." I repeat to myself in any Christian worship. It turns out, I seek "First the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness..." so that these things shall be added unto us. And I do this because... I can't even explain why... but it makes our meeting no less important, as I see in you also charity, and that is happiness.

Yours, pd

MooPig said...

Hi C:
Oops, it's a Red Heifer? My views for the end times is based around study groups I have been in. We were determined to get past the "fog" that surrounds the Revelation. Sometimes I wish I had been a LadyBug on the rafters of the manger... [and that is brave of me to admit... no?]

We all had fear of "not understanding" Revelation. Guys I was with had been travel mates for the Promise Keepers seminars. We tried to make it into a mathematics survey, we prayed for it with our families, and that helped. Once you "see" the math of it, some logic comes out of the wording that was not so "seeable" before.

I just heard some more on TV, from the Jack vanImpe show... he talked about Thessalonians... and I will return after I find that bit. [Hal Lindsay and Jack van Impe are the bulldogs on TV with Revelation's updates... they are polar opposites, and Van Impe is an earful... Lindsay is deliberate]

Thanks for being online C.
As always, warmest regards, pd and friends