Thursday, December 6, 2012

He is Faithful Who has called Us

God likes F.A.S.T. mostly because it mentions Him, and He knows His glory is our sufficiency and salvation day by day and forever. FAST is really about His faithfulness and our wish to be renewed in Him.


Example of how He likes any heart action toward Him: I wrote down the "Every Hour I Call to Thee" the other day, and then I went to find a picture. You can tell I downloaded a bunch of National Geographic Photos that I like, and I am using them. But when I downloaded about 70 of them, I didn't name them; they are just listed as a bunch of numbers, so I can't find any until I go in look at them and rename them. I don't know why my software doesn't ask me to name them when I save them at first. But when I went in to find a photo for "I Call to Thee" I just randomly clicked on any number just to "start" looking for any photo.

And guess what? Immediately that photo of the beautiful bird came up, out of all those random numbers. I was so shocked into God's presence and His care for us, I will not forget this sign, He knows. The photographer's explanation on this photo was that this is an adolescent bird calling and waving to its parents that are on a higher limb. Just like we are God's kids and we call to Him. We need Him. There is no way these are coincidences; you can't choose one number out of 70 and get the one that's perfect; not humanly possible. But He says, with Him all things are possible. It is a simple blog and simple truth, but God likes it. He likes calling to HIM!!!

Syld
Retrieved by dpd

2 comments:

d2r2 said...

A pilgimage from doubt to certainty.

syld said...

d2r2's understanding inspires and lifts up; at the same time it renews day to day; as in Rom 12:2, your mind becomes as the butterfly transformed from the cocoon state; a miraculous change as who can see what really happens in a cocoon in order to produce the ethereal butterfly.