Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Rhetoric of Tiger Woods -- Buddhist Golf Man

See entire Transcript and Video HERE

[Video at 13:25] BUDDHISM ? -- YIKES !!
[Excerpts]  “ ... I recognize I have brought this on myself. And I know, above all, I am the one who needs to change. I owe it to my family to become a better person. I owe it to those closest to me to become a better man. That's where my focus will be. I have a lot of work to do. I tend to dedicate myself to doing it. Part of following this path for me is Buddhism which my mother taught me at a young age. People probably don't realize it but I was raised a Buddhist and practiced my faith until I drifted away from it. This teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught."
[ ... ]
Therapy, Rehab ? -- Double YIKES !!
“ ... As I move forward, I will continue to receive help because I have learned that's how people really do change. Starting tomorrow, I will leave for more treatment and more therapy. I would like to thank my friends at Accenture and the players in the field this week for understanding why I am making these remarks today. In therapy, I have learned the importance of looking at my spiritual life and keeping in balance with my professional life. I need to regain my balance and be centered so I can save the things most important to me, my marriage and my children. That also means relying on others for help. I have learned to seek support from my peers in therapy and someday hope to return that support to others who are seeking help ... " (Woods, T. Excerpts retrieved today by PD)
*
*
*
?
?
?

No comments: